We collect information to help us manage your account:
- To deliver products and services to you (whether we provide them or not)
- To improve our products and services
- And to help us run and grow our business
We may also be required to keep some information by Law.
We create and anonymise information, in such a case you, our Customer can not be identified.
What information we have
The information that enables us to do our job, including things like who you are, where you are, and how you’re going to pay for your services.
What you use your PAYT for
Tracking vehicles to provide locational, historical and journey related detail such as speed to provide information that you require. PAYT don’t look at your data unless for customer support purposes.
Uses the Global Positioning System (GPS) capability of your smartphone and associated SIM to track and send the tracking information back to our servers. It is simply an APP that sits on your smartphone but does not report or look or integrate with any other functionality of your smartphone.
Your PAYT account(s)
Includes when and how much you top up and pay your bill or how often and why you access your account with us.
We collect this information mainly when you sign up with us and use our products and services.
How we use your information
To provide tracking information for the vehicles you have registered with us.
To keep your credit account information up to date.
To understand what you’re interested in, so we can develop products and services you’re actually interested in.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with others.
- Companies or agencies who help us run our services, for example our billing
- Insurance providers in the event that this will help reduce your premiums
- Credit reference and fraud prevention agencies
To comply with legal or regulatory obligations, we might share your information:
- With any public authority or law enforcement agency (if they ask for it)
- To comply with law or regulations. Or for possible legal proceedings
- If you give us personal information that’s incorrect
- If there’s an emergency and you or other people are at risk.
- We keep information while you’re our customer or after you’ve left us for only as long as we need it, which depends very much on the type of information and purpose. For example, prove that you had an account with us.
- While you are a customer we keep the tracking data for the time period your requested when you set the account up.
- We may also keep information about how you use our products or services to help us in our development plans.
Find out more about your information
If you want, we can send you the information we have about you. Please make your requests in writing.
Any communications sent over the internet can be accessed by a third party unless they’ve been encrypted. That’s the nature of the internet and PAYT can’t accept responsibility because it is out of our control.
Like many companies, we use cloud services which may be based anywhere in the world.
And finally, please note there might be extra terms and conditions to look at.