Pay as you Track(PAYT) provide an easy to use cloud-based online platform for our tracking software. See the About us page to find out more about what we do.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and processes your personal data through your use of our websites, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign in to your client area or purchase a product / service. Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This notice applies across all websites owned and/or operated and all services provided by Pay as you Track Ltd., including our online services products and any other apps or services we offer.
Data in Pay as you Track
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
There are two ways in which we collect data: through this website in the course of acquiring business and that necessary to the operation of the software:
Data Collected in Business Acquisition
Information you provide directly: we might ask you to provide personal data to us when you visit or use our websites or purchase product or service from us; for example, we ask for your email address when you sign up for a free trial, contact us with questions or request support. Similarly when you purchase product or service we will ask for financial information.
Information we collect automatically: such as visitors to our website; we collect information as visitors navigate through our websites including the pages viewed and links clicked on. This information helps us to understand the efficiency of our websites and marketing in order that we can improve it. We collect this information using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
Information we get from third parties: Sometimes we obtain personal data from other sources used to supplement the personal data we already hold and/or to validate the data already provided. Examples of these are:
- Technical Data from analytics providers, affiliate network providers, advertising networks and search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources.
Data Collected in using Pay as you Track Software and Services
Information you enter when using the software, such as, correlation between drivers names, vehicle registrations, locations and driving events may be considered to be ‘personal data’ under GDPR and confer the right to be informed, have access, rectify errors and removal of said ‘personal data’.
You may have and must establish and document a lawful basis for processing such data as a User of the software. This might include driver consent, performance of a contract, compliance with legal obligations, pursuit of legitimate interests.
Access to data in the software is strictly limited to the User company designated operatives, and Pay as you Track.
How we use your data
Primarily to operate our websites, provide services that you have requested, in performance of a contract we have with you and to manage our relationship with you.
We also use your personal data in order to communicate with you, including:
- supplying information that you have requested from us or we are required to send to you
- operational communications; such as software update and security information
- marketing communications about new product or services we have available
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which may involve a third party specialist company).
- to support you: including the resolution of technical support issues whether by email, in-app support or otherwise.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- where we have your consent, or
- to perform a contract with you, or
- in fulfil a legal obligation, or
- where we have legitimate interests which are not overridden by your rights.
How we can share your data
Occasionally we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- third party service or product providers and partners necessary to the supply of product and/or service to you
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business
- other people where we have your consent.
We are committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
However, any communications sent over the internet can be accessed by a third party unless they’ve been encrypted. That’s the nature of the internet and PAYT can’t accept responsibility because it is out of our control.
Like many companies, we use cloud services which may be based anywhere in the world.
- We retain basic customer information (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for the legally required six years after they cease being customers.
- Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, quotation or contact through our website or email we hold your personal information for 1 year and 6 months from the date we collected that information, unless during that period you become a customer. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
- Data recorded in Pay as you Track software databases is held for the period agreed/contracted with you as live data. After that period the data is archived for a period of not more than 6 months before it is destroyed.
- In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You have certain rights relating to your personal data to:
- know what we hold and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- you can ask us not to send you marketing or other emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email
- object to our continued processing of your personal data
To exercise these rights send an email to [email protected]
Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase.
How to contact us
We’re always keen to hear from you. If have any questions or feedback for us on this notice, our websites or services, please get in touch.
We may need to update this notice from time to time. Where a change is significant, we’ll make sure we let you know – usually by sending you an email.